High cholesterol: How can you prevent yourself from high cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a chemical or substance in our blood. The human body needs cholesterol in a handsome amount to build cells. However, high level of cholesterol in the blood can increase the risk of a heart attack. High blood pressure can also develop other health diseases.
Symptoms of High cholesterol
There is not a primary symptom of high cholesterol. Sometimes, people have high cholesterol, but they don’t know the condition.
If you don’t know the condition, it may gather in your arteries. Furthermore, it can block or narrow the arteries.
Causes of high cholesterol
High cholesterol carried through the blood and is attached to proteins. The combination or mixture of cholesterol and proteins is known as a lipoprotein. There are some different types of cholesterol based on proteins.
Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) - In this type, cholesterol particles travels through the body. This type of cholesterol is build up in arteries and can narrow the arteries.
High-density lipoprotein (HDL) – This type of cholesterol is good for health. It picks up the LDL and throws it back to the liver.
Risk Factors for High Cholesterol
- Poor diet – Eating food enriched in fat can also increase cholesterol in the blood.
- Obesity – Overweight people who weight BMI is at high risk of high cholesterol.
- Smoking – Smoking cigarette damages the wall of the blood vessels.
- Age – As you get older, your digestive and immune system doesn’t work properly. In the people of older age, the liver is unable to remove LDL cholesterol.
- Diabetes – High sugar level in blood can also contribute to increased cholesterol. High glucose in the blood can damage the arteries.
- Lack of exercise – Exercise can decrease the number of waste materials in our body.
Prevention and Treatment
You can prevent yourself from having high cholesterol.
- Quit smoking
- Manage stress
- Reduce the intake of alcohol
- Reduce the intake of animal fats
- Prefer low-salt diet
If you have high cholesterol, you can also consult with a doctor. UK Pharmacy Meds offer services to consult with highly professional doctors in the UK. You can also buy medicine online if you live in the UK.
Copyright © 2019 ukpharmacymeds. All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks and registered marks are the properties of their respective companies
ukpharmacymeds is a website connecting patients to registered prescribers and registered pharmacies.
ukpharmacymeds does not supply or carry out the consultations. Third party EU registered doctors carry out the consultations.
Pronto Healthcare Ltd, Suite 8, 1-3 The Courtyard, Calvin Street, Bolton, BL1 8PB, United Kingdom